- Site Analysis
- Site Use
- Passive Design
- Material Use
- Wet Areas
- Health and Safety
- Other Resources
Health and Safety
Taking care with materials, equipment and work procedures and dealing with hazards.
Working on roofs
Consideration must be given to safety when working on a roof:
- Consider the location and provision of anchorage points for safety harness systems or safety nets.
- Provide a guardrail around the perimeter.
- Prepare the area below the roof to provide a firm and level support for mobile elevating equipment such as a scissor lift or cherry picker.
- Consider providing permanent access and edge guard railing to the roof
- Always tell someone when you are planning to work on a roof.
Updated: 10 September 2019