Water use, sustainability, and efficiency by choosing quality systems and materials, and providing environmentally friendly solutions.
Access for maintenance
Access points must be provided in specified places to allow drains to be cleaned.
Access points must be provided:
- immediately inside the boundary
- at every change in gradient over 45°
- at every horizontal change in direction more than 45°
- at every junction that serves a soil fixture or any branch drain longer than 2 m
- every 50 m on straight drains if rodding points are used, or every 100 m if inspection chambers, access chambers or inspection points are used
- at both ends of the building where a drain passes under a building.